Crazy Little Thing Called Marriage (Library Edition) : 12 Secrets for a Lifelong Romance
Author: Greg Smalley, Erin Smalley
Want a marriage filled with passion and adventure? Capture the whimsical sense of excitement and romance you shared at the very start!
Learn to navigate life’s twists and turns to find God’s best for your marriage with the help of Dr. Greg and Erin Smalley. They’ll lead you and your spouse to discover “true love” as described by God in the Bible. With candor and grace, these beloved marriage experts share the secrets of a strong marriage that yield a lifetime of adventurous and cray-zee love.
These relationship-renewing secrets will strengthen your marriage at its very core:
- Appreciate your “sole” mate and, in the process, discover your “soul” mate.
- Understand that marriage is a battle — but it’s a battle against selfishness, not your spouse.
- Quit striving to get your spouse to love you... and learn to strive to love your spouse better.
- Realize that in marriage, the “small stuff” is often the “big stuff” and that dealing with tiny details can net big returns.
- Avoid “chore wars” and instead join forces to establish a home with respect and reciprocity.
- View sex as a delightful “dance” in which you put the needs and interests of your spouse ahead of your own.
Publisher: Oasis Audio
Publication Date: 20170208
Subject: FAM030000-FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Marriage & Long-Term Relationships,REL012030-RELIGION / Christian Life / Family
About The Author:
Dr. Greg Smalley and Erin Smalley met in college, where Greg instantly knew he wanted to marry Erin... but where it took her nearly four years to fall crazy in love with him. They then said their vows, had three biological children, and adopted a fourth from China. After resolving some key relationship struggles early on, Greg and Erin knew they wanted to help other couples learn how to live out the romance and adventure of marriage. To that end, they’ve written several marriage books and hosted marriage conferences both in the US and internationally. Recently celebrating their twenty-fourth anniversary, they say that marriage gets better every year. Greg, who earned a doctorate in psychology, is the vice president of marriage and family formation at Focus on the Family. Erin, who holds a master’s degree in clinical psychology, works alongside him.