A Year of Living Prayerfully (Library Edition) : How a Curious Traveler Met the Pope, Walked on Coals, Danced with Rabbis, and Revived His Prayer Life
Author: Jared Brock
Is anyone listening? Do my prayers really change anything?
Jared Brock sensed that something was missing in his prayer life, so he embarked on a yearlong journey to rediscover the power of prayer (and eat some delicious falafel).
Follow Jared on a 37,000-mile trip around the world as he...
- dances with Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn,
- discovers the 330-year-old home of Brother Lawrence,
- plants prayer bombs in North Korea,
- burns his clothes at the end of the world,
- attends the world's largest church, and
- attempts fire walking (with only minor burns).
Publisher: Oasis Audio
Publication Date: 20150308
Subject: REL000000-RELIGION / General,TRV026060-TRAVEL / Special Interest / Religious,REL012080-RELIGION / Christian Life / Prayer,REL087000-RELIGION / Prayer
About The Author:
Jared Brock is the cofounder of Hope for the Sold, an abolitionist charity that fights human trafficking one word at a time. Jared has written for The Huffington Post, Converge, Esquire, Thought Catalog, and Relevant. He's happily married to his best friend, Michelle, whom he first kissed in the seventh grade.