As it turns out this item is temporarily sold out. Click [Notify me when available] and we’ll let you know as soon as it's back again!
In ancient Israel there lived two priests who approached God without the reverence He deserves. They disregarded God’s instructions and burned incense in His Tabernacle with “strange fire . . . which He had not commanded them. And fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed them, and they died before the Lord” (Lev. 10:2).
Scripture calls us to worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Anything unholy — including false prophecy, phony miracles, religious hypocrisy, self-willed worship, or anything else of the sort — is a kind of “strange fire,” deserving of the most severe judgment.
That is why pastor-teacher John MacArthur has written this treatise on a movement whose foundation and direction have betrayed the God they claim to represent. Laced with historical research, biblical support, and quotes from scholars across the spectrum, Strange Fire is a rigorous evaluation of the fastest growing segment of the American Christian church.
And it is an important warning . . .
• For those who want the church to be more inclusive,
• For those on the lookout for miracles today,
• For those who think “charismatic” refers more to worship style than substance,
• For those who don’t understand why celebrity preachers are constantly falling from grace,
• For those who believe religious experience is more important than biblical fact,
• For those who don’t want to “limit God” or “put Him in a box.”
Strange Fire is powerful, disturbing, and imminently necessary.